How to Transport a Car Interstate – Easily and Efficiently
When you transport cars from one state to another, it’s a good idea to consider the experience and reliability of a number of car carriers before selecting your preferred vehicle transporter.
There are many reasons why using car transport companies can be the best choice for you to pick.
Increasingly, these companies provide free quotes online to customer who are interested in hiring their services.
These free quotes provide lots of useful help; including vehicle transport preparation guides and details of pickup and dropoff locations.
You’ll find that the price usually depends on a number of factors including; the distance, delivery time, and urgent nature of the delivery.
From a transport company’s perspective, knowing exactly how you wish to move your car – either locally or interstate – will make it easier to provide you with an accurate quote.
Once you’re happy, and you’ve booked your car in, you’ll need to prepare the vehicle. Bear in mind that the vehicle is likely going to be carried several hundred kms across the country so it’s a good idea to go in prepared.
When you drop your car off, you’ll be guided through a vehicle survey process. In your presence, the car transport company records the condition of your car before they load it onto the carrier.
Once you pick up your vehicle, another vehicle survey will be conducted to ensure your car’s condition is the same as when as when you left it with us.
When you’re deciding on the type of booking, you might like to consider two important types of car carrying services that are usually provided by established vehicle transport companies:
Open Car Carriers
Open car carriers are the most common type of system that most vehicle transporters will offer. With open car carriers, the company will be able to move a larger number of vehicles at any time.
There are risks associated with this form of vehicle transport. Since car are exposed to the elements, such as in extreme weather conditions, there is the risk of scratches on the paintwork.
Main Benefits of Open Transport
- Open car transport is the most affordable option;
- Open car transport is the industry’s standard, so there are more open car carriers available, transporting along more lanes. This means that you can easily secure an open-air car shipping service on short notice;
- Open transport is very efficient as more vehicles can be transported with each shipment – ten to 12 vehicles can be loaded onto a two-tier trailer and shipped at once, which saves fuel and time on the road (and therefore, money);
- Open transport is faster than enclosed transport due to greater number of open car carriers and the efficiency of open auto transport;
- Open car transport suits all types of vehicles, regardless of their size, height, weight, or model;
- The driver can easily inspect the vehicles during transport and make sure everything is all right with one look in the side mirrors;
- An open-air trailer is lighter than an enclosed trailer, which means that it uses less fuel; protecting the environment and reducing fuel surcharges.
Enclosed Car Carriers
Enclosed car carriers ensure vehicles are completely secured from all external elements. The car transport company carries fewer cars at any time.
When requesting a quote, you have the ability to specify whether you’d prefer open carrier (default) or enclosed.
Main Benefits of Enclosed Transport
- Vehicles transported in enclosed trucks are protected from the elements, so the weather conditions have no effect on them;
- Cars on enclosed auto trailers are protected from road dust and debris;
- Enclosed car transport provides high level of security – there is no road hazard and no risk of damage during transportation;
- Enclosed trucks are equipped with drip pans to keep any transmission fluids from the upper level vehicles from getting on the bottom rack vehicles;
- Enclosed trailers are equipped with lift gates or hydraulic ramps that lower all the way flat to the ground. This allows vehicles to be loaded in a horizontal position, thereby ensuring the safety of low-clearance vehicles;
- Enclosed transport involves fewer stops along the route;
- Drivers of enclosed auto trailers are specialists and have rich experience in caring for high-end vehicles;
Need a Quote?
Let’s Get Started
What type of vehicle do you need transported?
100% FREE. No obligation. No account needed. Privacy assured. Personal details are only used for the purposes of obtaining quotes.